Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rugrat #2

Apparently I should be playing the lottery, because I've gotten so lucky with my kids! Thomas was a really easy baby, but Beth is even easier - I can hardly believe it! Thomas was nice and quiet, just a very sweet baby, cuddly and so forth. He was a pretty spitty baby, but nothing major, no big problems or complaints (even from super-tired new parents!) Beth is even more easygoing (hard to believe, I know) and absolutely LOVES snuggling. Not to mention that she hardly ever spits up or has a hard time burping (I could *never* get Thomas to burp easily, it took forever!). I think I was pretty overwhelmed when Thomas was born, what with being a new parent and all. This time I'm able to spend a lot more time enjoying my kids, especially making sure to enjoy Beth as a newborn. Pretty cool how much love you can have for a creature that has done nothing to earn it except to exist. I love my family!
Beth only woke up 3 times last night, which was awesome, but I'm getting really tired of all these extra hormones that make me break out in a major sweat! If menopause is anything like this, I can TOTALLY understand why people so hate it. I got to sleep in bed for a few hours too - sweet!
Off to feed the baby!

No comments: