Saturday, March 1, 2008

Better day

And thank goodness! I've been sleeping horribly the last few nights, waking up (or being woken up) too early, and have a 2-year-old set on removing all doubt as to the existence of the Terrible Twos; these combined have made for a rotten last few days and pretty grouchy mommy. Ok, to be fair Thursday was great until naptime, but the rest of the day sucked. Thank goodness for playgroup.
We're looking at houses in Columbus, keep ditching some and adding others, so we've been hanging around 25 or so to look more seriously at. Clay is going about deleting a bunch right now and finding that there aren't very many at the lower end of our price range. Surprise, surprise. On the other hand, going somewhere to stay we don't want to buy to have to move in a couple years, so let's get what we actually want now, right? Not be ridiculous (can we say sub-prime NO!) but well-considered and thought-out as to what we want and what we're willing to pay, and where those two criteria can meet.
Apparently I'm being paged again (nothing like an infant to make sure you feel necessary to the running of the world!) so off for now!

4 comments:

Megan said...

So, in addition to regularly blogging, I hear from Jenn that you are also making lemon cakes. I want to know a) how do you have the time or the energy and b) how do Leo and I get in on the action?

Congrats on moving, by the way!

Otto said...

While I shouldn't be happy you had some crappy days, it does make me feel a little better about the fact that you hosted playgroup with a 6 week old! I hear she is beautiful, many congrats!!

Karen said...

Strangely enough, it's the grown-up stuff that's keeping me sane enough to do mommy-stuff. Lemon cakes are the reminder that there's more to making the world go 'round than mommy kissing "boo"s. And the ONLY way I was able to host playgroup was a)my mom had been here for the first 2 weeks to keep me caught up on the general housework (and shower Thomas with attention) and b)reminding myself that we'd all rather have a safe place right now for our kids to play while we chat than a place that would pass the white-glove test but is only available when certain planets align in some odd configuration. Because around here, we don't allow white gloves. Ever.

Karen said...

Oh, and you guys are welcome any time Megan, but I'll have to have an hour's warning for the cake so it can cook!