Friday, April 25, 2008

Catch-up

Ok, so I've successfully missed Beth's Saturday, Thomas Tuesday, and Thoughtful Thursday ... there's been a lot going on! A brief rundown:
House went under contract Tuesday evening, I woke up in the middle of the night realizing that something is messed up with it. See, they wanted to include the closing costs in the price of the house (you know, add the $ to the agreed-upon price and put in the contract that we would pay closing costs out of it). Fine, great, no problem (really, no skin off our backs!). Alas, we put the $4K in the wrong spot so right now it looks like we'll be forking over $4K *cash* at closing and they'll be getting their loan for the agreed-upon price (without the $4K added in). Needless to say, no good. So, we got ahold of the buyers, they have no problem with rewriting the contract correctly - great, awesome, no problem. But now they're thinking closing costs will be more so we'll have to work that in too ... anyway, they'll be over tomorrow afternoon and we can rewrite to make it a happy ending.
Except. (You know that was coming, didn't you?) The unhelpful idiots very nice people at our new mortgage company decided that they want this house sold (lock, stock, and barrel) before they'll close on the new house, and they saved this lovely piece of information for this week. And having this house under contract isn't good enough. Grrr. Well, we're getting all that worked out (actually, I won't take any of Clay's credit, he's been doing ALL of that end, he's been amazing with everything he's had to hold down lately) but annoying doesn't really cover what I'm thinking of them right now.
Ok, enough ranting, at least on the obnoxious mortgage people (I understand they have a job to do and this country is in a mess with people buying houses too big, etc. etc. but REALLY!)
Thomas was adorable earlier this week:
Thomas: says something unintelligible by anyone else that sounds something like Mommy's bad
Me: (amused) What did you say? Mommy's bad?
Thomas: No. Mommy's pretty good. Mommy plays on the floor.

Beth, not to be outdone on the cuteness, had this to add to the week: She was wanting to suck but wasn't hungry (she'd completely drained me, she was literally sloshing) so I got out her pacifier. (And to answer questions ahead of time, yes, I do hate them, but as with all things baby, whatever works!) I stuck it in her mouth and she couldn't keep it there because she was so happy she was grinning like a little imp. Clay walks by and says, "Wow! She likes it?!" Now, I'd spent a couple weeks lurking in the baby aisle looking for a pacifier that she'd like (I knew she preferred latex nipples and the Gerber-shaped pacifier, but finding both of those requirements in one her size - not so easy). Apparently I had been doing this for my health, though Clay *knows* how much I hate the things ... anyway, the grins she was giving were hilarious, especially through a pacifier.
Ok, Thomas is up and it's time for bubbles outside (as promised if he'd let me finish typing). I've got a few more topics to cover, but they'll just have to wait for future posts!

No comments: