Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A day!

Remember when you were little and the worst thing that could happen when you were sick was that you got sick on a weekend, or holiday, or summer vacation? Well, I have discovered that our moms had it even worse. Poor Thomas caught Clay's cold and has been miserable all day - and it's nearly 60 outside, sunny, and otherwise perfect. I would have loved to go for a walk with the kids or taken them to the park today, but alas . . .
Not much going on otherwise, I've got a couple pictures that need posting of the stuff I sewed in the last few days, I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start any other stuff. Somebody posted a bunch of baby girl's clothing on Freecycle, so I'm picking them up after playgroup (assuming we get to go to playgroup). Yea!
On a totally unrelated subject, I was looking on CNN.com and saw a story about a 4-year-old whose mom neglected him till he was only 10 pounds. How horrible! She told police that she just wasn't ready to be a mom, and when he was born with a severe disability she just got so overwhelmed. Which got me thinking about how the OBs and pediatricians are always saying "If you ever consider hurting your baby, get help right away!" Now, isn't a big part of the problem that these poor women feel like there isn't any help to turn to? Just food for thought . . .

No comments: