Friday, February 15, 2008

Moms are wonderful

Can I just brag on my mom a little here? She's out here right now helping me take care of my 2 little kids (and my husband and myself!), and hasn't even dropped all the stuff she's been doing! She's the treasurer for the board of their local theater and not only has been taking care of all of us but keeping up with a crazy-insane amount of work for that too! Since this delivery was so much easier than with Thomas (and he wasn't bad either - we went to the mall the day we got out of the hospital!) I'm in a lot better shape and able to get out and do stuff, so I've basically gotten to recuperate while not having to worry AT ALL about the condition of my house. I guess this is why people hire nannies! I hope I'm able (and allowed!) to run off and take care of Beth like this when she has her babies! I know a lot of people have rough relationships with their parents, but mine are just totally awesome. And always have been, and always will be. So are Clay's, but this is my blog and I want to write about mine right now! So there.
Post-partum visit at the hospital today, Beth is already regaining weight, and we've got the ok to go to playgroup and everything! Yay! Thomas will be thrilled next week, I know it's a big deal for him to get to play with his friends, even if they are all at the age where they do more playing around each other rather than with each other. Thank goodness for Henry, Thomas would have been in real pieces already without contact with another of the toddler set. Our pediatrician in KY was of the set that couldn't imagine taking a baby into public (read: even church) for the first month. We were at church the first Sunday with Thomas, so I was a little traumatized at that. The lady at the hospital was just like "Of course it's not a problem, just make sure those hands get washed!" Sweet.
Now I get to go play cribbage with my totally cool mom. Not only do I have someone taking care of me, I get a playmate too! ;-) Clay plays games too, but as he's grading exams and trying to catch up what he missed with Beth being born . . .

No comments: