Sunday, March 9, 2008

Daylight Saving Time

Sucks. I was all excited and happy that everyone (including me) was able to sleep so late when I came out this morning and saw the clock saying 10:30 - until I went into another room where the clock hadn't already been adjusted. Granted, 9:30 isn't anything to complain about, but it doesn't warrant actual excitement the way 10:30 does. Anyway, Thomas ended up missing his nap in order to adjust - it will be a long time before we do that again! It was pretty much a mess from about 6:00 on, in spite of getting to eat dinner with his Nana and Grandad (we all met at Bob Evans). He was in bed asleep by 9 though, which is something of a big deal as it's 2 hours earlier than we have managed the last few days. Here's hoping we get some good rest!
We're having fun resting and hanging out here - Clay and I went in search of a sled for Thomas earlier (totally unsuccessful) in hopes of introducing him to one of the greatest joys of childhood in winter. Tomorrow we're leaving the kids with my mom to go look at the neighborhoods of the houses we're considering, so hopefully we can stop and find a sled somewhere along the way.
I'm in the midst of loads of laundry right now, Mom's new machines are freaking crazy. I swear they're more complicated than my laptop! I think you need at least a bachelor's degree to figure out how to run the things. And it beckons . . .

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good luck house hunting!