Tuesday, March 18, 2008

There's no place like home!

It's great getting to visit family, but there really is no place like home. It was an exhausting week, we looked at over 20 houses. Most of the ones we had originally had on our list were definite not-interesteds due to neighborhood. Also, we arrived in the middle of the big snowstorm that dumped upwards of 15 inches on Central Ohio, so our original appointment with the realtor was rescheduled from Saturday (the 8th) to the following Thursday (he's a busy guy!) A bit of a bummer for us, but it gave us the opportunity to go see the neighborhoods of the houses we thought we were interested in. We got back to Bucyrus and ditched all but 2 of our list, then spent the next few days coming up with a new list. We went down on Thursday and looked at them, again ditched all but 2. We wanted to look at those 2 again, so we scheduled another appointment with the realtor on Saturday (the 15th). We also came up with a few more in another neighborhood that we were interested in, so we looked at those, too. Yay! After a whole week of constantly looking at houses on the internet or in person, we finally we found The One, so now we're working at hammering out the contract. I'll post pictures at some point, but I've got a lot to work on for our house here too!
Thomas rearranged his attitude while we were gone and is much better behaved now - I think he was just getting bored. My mom said that's part of the curse of having a smart kid - they get bored with same ol' same ol'. Now if we can get back to a normal sleep schedule we'll be in great shape!
Beth is doing well, growing like a weed - much more of a chunk than Thomas ever was, though nothing compared to lots of babies. And she is SO long! I'm kind of worried right now, she likes the pacifier. Thomas was never interested, so no concerns with him - the things just make me really nervous. So many of the kids (Thomas's age!) in our playgroup STILL use them - I don't want to have it be something she's dependent on. On the other hand, it's nice to have something (other than me!) that will calm her down and keep her happy. I guess the debate will continue . . .

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Congrats on finding a house! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys that it all works out...

Golden Girl said...

I didn't know you had started using the pacifier. Maybe on the long drive back to PA? I don't think she will get that attached to it. I imagine she will be much too interested in following her big brother around and talking and a pacifier would just get in the way!