Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Fork In The Road

Ok, so nothing really to do with my day, but I love the title. It's actually the title of a new blog my sister-in-law is writing. Check it out here. She's really got an inspirational message, and gets it out so well that she makes me want to get off my butt and stop whining about my whiny kid(s). Applicable message to a different situation and all . . . Check it out, it's SO worth the read.
I got our closet cleaned up yesterday, today I got started on the bathroom closet but only 2 shelves done thus far. I'll go spend a couple more minutes in there before bed, that way at least everything will be out of the way if one of us gets up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'm figuring I'll work my way out into the main areas - not to mention that while they can use a little tidying, the living room and kitchen are already pretty much ready to go. I hope this place sells fast.
We had playgroup today, the kids had a great time with the Easter egg hunt we set up. Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one to think of bubbles for egg filler, so there were a disproportionate number of bubble eggs - on the other hand, you really can't ever have too many bubbles with a 2-year-old! One of the moms had gotten some puzzles, Thomas didn't notice too much with the Easter-themed erasers, but in the long run I know what will be his favorite bit of haul. The kid is crazy about puzzles, he's got 5 or so and could quite easily spend all day working them. Good thing we have so many jigsaws packed away - as he gets older they'll be used a lot!
Ok, enough chatter, the bathroom closet beckons . . .

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Karen! You are too sweet.

Clay LOVED puzzles as a kid, as you know. So it's no surprise that Thomas does, too.

Happy Easter!

Jenn said...

Henry kept asking me to unwrap his Easter eraser. He was convinced there had to be more to it than that. I think he was hoping for chocolate.