Friday, March 7, 2008

Made it to Ohio

Thank goodness!
A trip that normally takes 6 hours, we finally made it after 9 1/2 - nothing, I assure you, to do with the extra kid. In fact, both kids were real troopers the whole way - Thomas didn't really start getting whiny until about the eighth hour of travel, and Beth slept (of course) the whole time except when she wanted a bit to eat. Good thing Clay has long arms, he's able to drive and hold a bottle for the baby at the same time - when I'm driving alone, I just have to make hushing noises and pray we get wherever we're going soon.
We're in the midst of a horribly nasty winter storm (put it this way, blizzard watches are out), so who knows if we'll actually get to go look at houses tomorrow. I hope we can, I've been looking forward to it all week, but I'm pretty much convinced that we'll end up spending the day playing cards and staying warm in the house here. Thankfully we've got the whole next week if we need to reschedule!

No comments: