Monday, April 14, 2008

BBQ!

We had Jenn, Dave, and Henry over with Dave's parents last night for a barbecue. First cookout of the year, yea! It was a lot of fun, but I need to email my brother Rob - he makes the best hamburgers, I don't know what all he adds but they're terrific. Mine were okay, but nothing compared to his! It was 70 and sunny yesterday, rainy and 50 today. Clay taught Thomas to say "April showers bring May flowers!" which Thomas really enjoyed, he loves to talk about the "pretty flowers" in any possible context. Good karma to whomever planted the daffodils here at the house back whenever! Needless to say, I'm glad we had the good weather yesterday for the cookout! Jenn and Dave brought salad (they make the BEST salads ever!), chips and hummus (both the boys loved it when they had it at their house last), and Jenn made gingerbread from scratch. It was heavenly, especially with the vanilla ice cream. I've been really good and haven't completely finished off all of the rest of it that they *too* kindly left here. I don't give it much past tomorrow though!

No comments: