Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thomas Tuesday #2

I'm pretty excited about heading out to Ohio, we close on the house in 15 days! It would be nice if this one would sell first though, I *really* don't want to have to pay a real estate commission!
I've been thinking a lot about what I can do to be a better, less frustrated mom - how to more enjoy being a mom rather than just making it through each day. I think a lot of my frustrations are about fear of criticism of my mommy-ing, like how can I let my kid get away without taking a nap, or let him stay up late, or watch movies, or what have you. I'm trying to take a serious chill pill on that - it doesn't matter what other people think so long as we're all happy and healthy. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself. I've been trying to be more relaxed at naptime and bedtime - if it takes an extra 10 minutes, so what? The thing that makes me most uptight about it is worrying that Beth will wake up and be throwing major fits, but I guess if I have to go get her it will just be "Naptime Interrupted".
We went over to Jenn and Henry's today, Jenn made these AWESOME pumpkin pancakes along with yummy bacon, it was so terrific. Then we took the kids over to the park that's a couple blocks away, the boys had a total blast while Beth slept. Once she woke up we decided to head back to their house for lunch (well, the boys ate - we were still stuffed on pancakes!) so I could feed Beth (she hadn't eaten since 9). Henry's coming over later tonight to play while Dave and Jenn go to Mythbusters, I think the boys will be in seventh heaven. Unfortunately, even the promise of Henry coming over if Thomas took a nap wasn't enough to get him to fall asleep. However, he's up playing in his room so I guess I can't be too bothered. At least we're both getting some rest (at least from each other!)
Some pics from this morning:





4 comments:

Jenn said...

I've told other people that I admire how well you handle yourself, both before and after Beth was born, and that if I did half as good a job as you are, I'd be pretty darned pleased with myself. You have two very happy kids. Who can criticize that?

And, I'm going to have to make it up to Thomas big time for keeping his playmate quarantined this evening, aren't I?

Karen said...

I think it's "the other mommies" that exist in my head, lol. We took another trip to the park, so Thomas didn't notice the lack of Henry, or at least had the grace not to mention it. And now it's bedtime (due to the lack of nap) so I think you've ended up off the hook! ;-)

Golden Girl said...

Karen, ignore those other mommies in your head--they are just trouble-makers! You are a fantastic mom and don't ever think you aren't! Just look at the happy faces on your kids and you can see that!

Jill said...

I love the shot of Thomas with the banjo! My kind of kid!

See you SOON!