Friday, April 18, 2008

My legs are sore!

And no surprise - I certainly expected to pay for my spur-of-the-moment run yesterday. On the other hand, I had a lot of fun doing it and look forward to doing more. In fact, I'm planning on doing a 4-mile race on July 4 with Clay's mom and sister (Jill, whose blog I've mentioned a few times here). We do a Girl's Weekend every year with Clay's 2 sisters, mom, and me - Kelley won't be in town in time to go for it, but the other 3 of us are going to slumber party at our new house Thursday night then go to the race in the morning. I'm SO looking forward to it, the last time I participated in a race was Thanksgiving 2006 - and that was the first time I'd run in a year (which was the first time I'd run since Clay and I got married). So you could say I'm a bit spotty on my dedication to the activity. Here's hoping that signing up for a real race will help me continue.
We spent the morning outside, Thomas played with sidewalk chalk while I did some yard work, then we went inside to cool off for a bit. We then left for a walk, stopped at a garage sale to benefit Relay For Life, then went to the park. We got back home for Thomas to take a nap, then Jenn and Dave came over (with Henry, of course) for dinner and another trip to the park. I spent a good bit of time running around on the big playset going down the slides with Henry, which was great for my sore legs. They ached, but I know that it helps get rid of the lactic acid, so beyond just having fun with Henry I was glad to do it for me, too. Thomas spent nearly 20 minutes giving Jenn a dissertation on the ducks, it was hilarious. They had brought over KFC for dinner (the second time in my life I've had it, it was great) and got some of the parfaits with it, so after playing at the park for ?? (a long time) we headed home for dessert. Yum.
Playgroup yesterday was lots of fun, we were outside most of the time then, too. It was a little sad since it was likely the last time we'll see a couple of the people, but such is life I guess. We've made a lot of good friends here in a relatively short period of time, I'll be surprisingly sad to leave for just having been here 10 months. On the other hand - just 10 days till we live in Ohio again!
Oh yeah, and the people who came to look at the house on Wednesday really liked it and are talking to different banks getting the rates information, researching deeds, etc. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Actually, I think Kelley will be joining us (hoping she's well enough).

Keep moving! :)