Thursday, April 17, 2008

Running!

Three cheers for Jill! If you haven't been reading it, her blog is here. And I know she may have had a hard time hitting the road lately, but she's successfully gotten *me* off *my* butt. This is the first time in ... uh ... nevermind (let's just say that figure is in YEARS) that I've gotten myself (just me) out there with the sole intention of taking a run. I ran 1.8someodd miles in 20:35, at least that's what the Gmaps Pedometer tells me. And I had a great time doing it! I even stretched afterwards (go me!) And it was after only the first half-mile that everything loosened up (including my lungs, which were totally confused about being asked to work in the cool air).
I woke up early with you-know-who so she could eat, but since I couldn't put myself back to sleep easily I was thinking about Jill's blog and was like "That's so inspiring, I could almost get myself out of bed to do that!" Which turned into "Well, I really could get myself out of bed to do that ..." Which moved to "I think I'm going to get out of bed to go for a run." To "Hmm, I've packed away all my exercise clothes in boxes since I was *sure* I wouldn't be using them in the near future." Then to "Well, I've got these pants and this shirt, my running socks *are* out still, so I can make do!"
Go me!

2 comments:

Jill said...

YEAH!!!!

I'm so proud of you!

You MADE my day.

Thank you so much.

Golden Girl said...

Good for you, Karen! That makes me feel like a slug since the only thing I've done today is finish the book I was reading and put the laundry away. I'm glad you ran. That will give us even more to do together when you move to Columbus!