Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bearless

Last night was awful, Thomas forgot Bear at preschool! He's had Bear since his first Christmas, my mom gave him to him (Bear is not an "it", definitely a "him" but it makes it confusing to write!) Bear is sadly the worse for the wear, but Thomas loves him and still sleeps with him every night (there have been maybe a half-dozen nights he's forgotten him since he started sleeping with him). I told Thomas that Bear was spending the night with Weather Bear, but it didn't seem to help. Weather Bear is this "bear" made out of wool fleece that they dress up in different clothes dependent on the weather, and is one of Thomas's favorite activities at preschool. I get an update on what he's wearing every preschool day on the way home. Well, to make a long story even longer, I was trying to get Beth back to sleep when I heard Thomas falling apart, called in the troops (Daddy) to hold Beth while I calmed Thomas down. It took nearly a half hour to get him to understand that we couldn't go get Bear, we would have to get him tomorrow (today), and get him to lay back down and stop bursting into tears every time he remembered Bear wasn't there (every other second or so). *Then* I got to go feed Beth and put her back in bed - it was a long bedtime!

2 comments:

Golden Girl said...

Poor Thomas! I should have gotten two of those bears when I bought the first one--you could have kept the extra one hiding in the closet for emergencies such as this! Although I guess he would know right off that it was a substitute since it wouldn't have been "loved" nearly as much!

Karen said...

Nah, I would have kept switching them from the get-go, so they'd be equally "loved". If you get Beth one, get two!