Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 3 and still running!

Wow, I am so impressed with me . . . how pathetic is that? Anyway, today was a LONG day . . . fun and good but REALLY LONG. Woke up starving at 5:30, got up and made a peanut butter sandwich, still couldn't sleep, got a sinus blowup with headache, took drugs, still couldn't sleep, drugs took effect, still couldn't sleep, alarm went off to get ready for Dr. visit, got up and felt like I had been run over by a truck. Still haven't slept any more all day. Went to the OB, a nice quick tummy check and out! The fastest appointment yet, aside from last night's ultrasound (15 minutes and GONE!) so I was happy. They're apparently trying to speed up the check-in process by having people seeing the doctors go to the first window, midwives and ultrasound guy to the second . . . maybe a good thought, but when you get a line at the second window and the first window lady is just busyworking, perhaps you ought to relax the "procedure" in face of reality. Not to mention that the first window lady was uber-cranky, and annoying. Sigh. Thankfully I was actually seeing a midwife so I didn't have to talk to the first window lady pretty much at all, but she was pretty rude to the woman in front of me (and the one who arrived behind me) so just her being there was getting on my nerves. Which probably says more about my nerves than the lady at the desk. Anyway, got out of there and stopped at the grocery store - while I wasn't sleeping I was craving Oreos to the point that I gave half a serious thought to putting on my coat and going to the store. I was able to control that particular urge by reminding myself that having not slept I probably wouldn't be a very safe person to be driving . . . we'll not think about that I never slept after that either and still drove to the Dr.'s office. Got home and hung out doing my crossword, etc., finally had to wake Thomas up at 10:15, Jenn and Henry were coming at 10:30 for our much-awaited trip to Joann Fabrics. Thomas was still eating when they got here, but just an oatmeal bar, so he just left it for later.
The trip to Joann's was fabulous, I got some really cute patterns and fabrics (knits! I needed knits! Walmart - the only store close to here that carries fabric - doesn't regularly carry knits!) I already cut out the fabric for one dress, hopefully I'll get the dress done tomorrow, plus a couple cute onesies from another pattern I got . . . pink cotton knit. Thomas and Henry were real troopers while we traipsed all over the store, though every time we mommies would go to separate parts of the store each of the boys would be asking "Where did Henry/Thomas go?" Jenn got some great fabric for a totally cute shirt that she's going to make for herself . . . I haven't even thought of making something for myself recently, I'm waiting for the time when I'm not pregnant and I have an actual need for more clothes to coincide. That sentence just took about 5 minutes to get grammatically correct - it's late! Anyway, then to the mall for awesome Chinese food, the lemon chicken I got was SO good that I didn't mind tasting it for heartburn over the next several hours. TMI, sorry. Stopped in a couple stores on the way out looking for a doll for Thomas (for when Beth is born - I think it might help him to have a baby to take care of while I take care of Beth) and socks from Old Navy. Alas, no luck on either. Home to try to get Thomas down for a nap at 3:30 . . . also unsuccessful. He sat up in his crib chattering away and dumping all of his stuffed animals and blankets out of bed for the next 2 hours (nearly). At least he was resting, right? Clay got home in the meantime, but had a wicked headache and has been asleep for longer than Thomas has now.
Last weekend I got a bunch of chicken on sale at the grocery store (it NEVER goes on good sale here, plus I really want to have stuff easy and ready for when Beth is here) so I spent all evening getting it all cooked, packaged, and frozen. We now have enough for 6 chicken quaesadilla meals, 1-2 of chicken squares, 3-4 of anything requiring chicken chunks (soup, chicken & broccoli toss, stir fry, etc.), plus 6 whole chicken breasts baked with different Italian herbs, with wine in the bottom of the dish . . . can be eaten whole or cut however I need for whatever I want to make. Not bad for a couple hours (dinner was in there too, more chicken squares using a couple of the chicken breasts) and like $14. All good stuff, but remember I haven't slept since 5:30 this morning . . . I am SO TIRED. Which means I should stop typing here, but it's kind of fun to have an outlet for whatever went on during the day . . . the computer can be a better audience than a sleeping husband! Good thing or bad?
Off. to. bed.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Reading about everything we did yesterday just made me feel very tired. And I didn't prepare any chicken for freezing!

Karen said...

I am SO not rereading what I posted, why did I spend forever writing all that? It makes me tired just to look at the length of the post, much less think about everything we did!

Golden Girl said...

Reading about everything you've been doing has me exhausted! I'm glad to hear that it will be easy for me to fix meals while I am there! Oh, you mean those are for when you are on your own again? Darn! Just kidding. :) Love ya!