Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Part 2, Day 2!

Wow, 2 days in a row and I'm still on top of it! Maybe I shouldn't sound SO surprised, but considering how bad I am at keeping up with stuff like this . . .
Thomas is down for a much-needed nap, we were going to go shopping with friends today but we had enough freezing rain that the area schools all canceled, so we've rescheduled for tomorrow. Thankfully, Jenn and Henry were able to come over just to play anyway . . . the first thing Thomas said when I got him up this morning was "Is Henry downstairs?" He was pretty excited when I told him last night that we were going to the store with Henry, so it would have been a really rotten morning if they hadn't been able to play. Jenn and I had fun playing this ancient card game (well, not ancient exactly, but my mom said she and her siblings would play it when they were sick growing up!), so I might just have to get one for us. It's called Mille Bornes, and it's a lot of luck and some skill, so not as frustrating as some games that are all one or the other. I also got to show off the dresses that I've made for Beth, which I am very excited about. We're going to Joann Fabrics tomorrow, and I can't wait to get some more fabric to make some more outfits for her! It's a lot more fun sewing girls' stuff than boys' stuff, I guess because you can't tell as much that it's homemade . . . if I were to make some jeans for Thomas, you would be able to tell that they aren't from Baby Gap or whatever. Plus I get to use all the trim - ribbon and rickrack and so forth, plus the fancy stitching that would just look weird on a boy's shirt. Maybe I'll make her a little top with some of the fabric that matches the one dress I made . . . too much fun! And relaxing . . . I find that my patience is below zero at the end of this pregnancy, so doing something like sewing keeps the peace with Thomas better than my goofing off with him would.
Clay is back in town safely, in spite of a winter storm that blew in and delayed his final flight for over an hour . . . and it's only a 45-minute flight! The plane was coming from Williamsport airport and headed to Philly (where he was) - supposed to leave at 11:40ish and arrive at 12:22, he boarded the flight at 12:18. Thankfully he already had someone covering his lab until he got back, so it didn't matter so much that it was 1:30 when he called to tell me he was on the ground and in his car (lab starts at 1!) My mom is flying out to spend the week in St. Louis with her mom and sisters, and her flight is managing to leave on time from Columbus (Ohio), but the storm from Minneapolis isn't supposed to hit there until around 7 tonight, so I guess it makes sense. Really though, that means that Clay was in 2 different winter storms today . . . and we'll be seeing the one from MN again in a couple days! Traveling seems so weird when you think about the weather and all, you get out of one storm just in time and it catches up with you a couple days later. I'm a little bit nervous right now because Clay is interviewing again next Monday, so is gone Sun. - Tues. next week too, and my mom isn't getting back to OH until Monday . . . she's coming out to help with the kids so if I go into labor next weekend . . . ugh! I really don't want to face labor alone! On the other hand, Jenn said she'd come in with me if it were to happen that way, which is wonderful of her, but I would still be really upset if Clay was gone. Anyway, I need to lay down for a bit while Thomas is napping or I'll never be rested for heading to the ultrasound later this evening. Not that it should require much rest, but it always seems like I'm out of energy way before I get to the Dr.'s office. Here's hoping for some cool pictures from the ultrasound!

No comments: